The human body is made for mobility, and our spine plays an important role. A healthy spine is strong and supple, allowing for movement and a wide range of motion. Our spine supports our frame, acts as a shock absorber, and protects our spinal cord, nerves, and organs. Not only does a healthy spine keep us in motion, but our spine can impact future health as well—many people with back pain are more likely to be generally less healthy. At Peak Physical Therapy we perform an expert, detailed examination to determine the origin of the pain or physical impairments. Individual treatment plans revolve around a 4-point program designed to support and strengthen your spine to help you reach your peak:
- Reduce pain and inflammation that cause discomfort.
- Restore balance and alignment to spine and muscles.
- Establish flexibility and core stabilization program to increase strength and to regain range of motion.
- Review body mechanics for daily activities to ensure proper posture, lifting habits, and ergonomic assess ments to maintain wellness.
Common spinal conditions that we treat include:
- Cervical, Thoracic, Rib, and Lumbar Strains
- Arthritis and Spondylosis
- Sacroiliac Disorders
- Facet Disorders
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Herniated Discs
- Sprains (ligament stresses)
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Chronic Headaches
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Pelvic Malalignments
- Spinal, Rib, Sacral, Coccyx, and Pelvic fractures
- Brachial Plexus Injuries
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Individual treatment plans may include:
Cold Laser Therapy, Aquatics, Ultrasound, Electrical Stimulation and Traction to reduce pain and inflammation, and Manual Therapy to restore balance and alignment. Other treatment methods include Soft Tissue and Joint Mobilizations, Graston Techniques, Dry Needling, Cupping, Muscle Energy Techniques, Myofascial Release, Craniosacral Therapy, Core Strengthening and more.
Please contact us to schedule an appointment or, if you need to ask any questions.
We look forward to hearing from you.
To send us an email, please complete this form. (* required fields)